The Rocky Horror Show
This fall DCP will present this 1973 musical with music, lyrics and book by Richard O’Brien. A humorous tribute to the science fiction and horror B movies of the late 1940s through early 1970s, this musical has become a cult classic as has the 1975 movie adaptation, The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
Auditions will be held at Copeland Auditorium on September 15 and 16 (Monday and Tuesday) from 7 PM to 10 PM, with call backs (if needed) on September 18 (Thursday) from 7 PM to 10 PM. Be prepared to sing (any song), move, and read from the script. This is a high energy show so bring that to the audition!
Cast of Characters:
- The Belasco Popcorn Girl, Trixie—She is our Usherette and sings the opening and closing number “Science Fiction” and ensemble.
- Janet—Female lead. Collegiate, naive and rather silly. Afraid of trying new things until, she meets Frank. Must be comfortable with wearing only bra and slip on stage.
- Brad—Our hero, Janet’s boyfriend. Not as gullible as Janet but not a very worldly fellow. Also, must be comfortable on stage wearing few clothes.
- Narrator—Non singing role. Middle aged. Could be a man or woman. Very distinctive voice.
- Magenta—The maid/housekeeper very out of this world and “sister to Riff Raff.
- Riff Raff—The butler/handyman and “brother” of Magenta, also very out of this world.
- Columbia—Ex girl friend of Frank’s, house guest/servant and in love with Eddie. Hopefully a tapper.
- Frank—A sweet transvestite from transsexual Transylvania. Our Dr Frankenstein.
- Rocky—Franks creation. Perfect specimen of a young man adored by both men and women. Must have a nice physic and comfortable with little clothing.
- Eddie—Franks first experiment gone wrong and nephew of Dr. Scott. Columbia’s crush.
- Dr. Scott—Brad’s professor and scientist who’s in a wheelchair. Eddie’s uncle. Is also aware of the alien influence of Frank and his crew.
Performances will be…
- Thursday, October 30 at 7:30 PM
- Friday, October 30 at 7:30 PM
- Friday, October 30 at 10 PM
- Saturday, November 1 at 7:30 PM
- Saturday, November 1 at 10 PM
DCP Looking for Directors - 2015 Season
Dexter Community Players are looking for Director’s to present productions for our 2015 season. We are looking for straight shows and musicals. Please have your proposals into the DCP Board before August 22. Presentations will be heard on Sunday, August 24 at 2:00 pm.
The DCP Board!